A Thinking Meme

Apparently in North-America it's quite popular to tag your fellow bloggers with questionaires to get to know each other better. Thanks to Allie, I cannot escape the phenomenon, so here's my list.

1. If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others, what would it be?

Hmm the list starts tough... I don't really know what vice means. "habit" says Allie on msn. Bad habit says the online dictionnary.

Snoozing, don't think I can stop snoozing. I simply wake up very gradually, opening my eyes does not mean I can immediately walk into balance or think or remember what I am supposed to do when I get up. Realising that I need to rush in the morning not to be late usually only comes after being up for 30 minutes already :p. I used to even have the bad habit of getting up and after 10 minutes crawling back into bed to snooze, but that I have not done anymore in the last years.

2. If you could change one specific thing about the world, what would it be?

Tolerance and empathy, if the entire world could be tolerant and empathic for all the different cultures, religions, etc.... there would less wars, we could abandon third world debt more easily maybe, we would maybe be more willing to truly fight poverty, etc...

Very nice ideals huh...maybe I should first learn to tolerate drivers that drive on the middle lane or software users not following the instructions and screwing up as a result, ...

3. Name the cartoon character that you identify with the most.

Well Goofball became a nickname after Goofy. When I am really tired, I can get quite goofy: giggling, silly jokes, cracking up over nothing, bumping into things, .... But that only happens now and then. There also exit a cheerful, grumpy, stressed out, .... version of me.

I also love Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes. I envy his imagination , I love the humor, I love the exaggerated situations in which we do recognise ourselves a little bit (either on the parent side , the babysitter, Hobbes or Calvin himself).

4. If you could live one day in your life over again, which would it be?

Gosh? Lot's of them....all the good ones: vacation in Spain with my parents, my sister's marriage, the day Rotary told me I could go to Canada in their exchange student program, days of school theatre in high school in which the entire school lived to a huge peak of friendship entrepreneurship and adrenaline together among all students and teachers, RYLA, ...

5. If you could go back in history and spend a day with one person, who would it be?

Hmm, I don't think I'd be immune to the many diseases that were around then, and I'd be afraid to be caught in the many conflict and dangers that were around then. Otherwise, I love to learn about history so I should not miss that opportunity if I ever get one.

I am thinking about meeting Ghandi or Sappho or Leonardo Da Vinci or .... Jesus himself, why not, if that was possible?

6. What is the one thing that you lost, sold or threw away that you wish you had back?

I can't come up with anything now, so I probably don't miss it that much (anymore).

7. What is your one most important contribution to this world?

Realising that my modest existence is not going to change the world, only the exisistence of my close friends and family.

8. What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about?

It's so hidden even I don't know about it :p. But it's there!! Waiting to pop-out!

9. What is your most cherished possesion?

My handkerchiefs... I have tick often rubbing one, ... I get nervous not having on in my pockets or in my purse.

10. What one person influenced you life the most when growing up?

My sister....my big sister who had promised before my birth to take care of me....so she taught her babysister at 5 years all the major music groups that were around. No childish music for me but Doe Maar (including posters!), Boy George (a boy that wears make-up like a girl!), U2 (my pink stuffed rabbit is named Bono), The Simple Minds (my stuffed dog that I received when Griet came back from Switzerland when I was 7 was named Jim), David Bowie, ...
She took me to my first concert of the Kreuners in the Brielpoort when I was 13. I was the only one in my class going :p. She guided me in the world of youth organisations, ... she took me to youth prayer meetings, ...She babysat me and let me stay up too late. We had great tickle fights.

11. What word describes you better than any other?

Ellen

I tag Lisa and Julia and Betsy

Comments

Popular Posts