Movie meme

I don't do a lot of meme's but today I was in a movie mood and was planning to go to the movietheatre this weekend. I guess it's not going to happen now Jan is stuck in London and i don't feel like going on my own. So Allie's meme will have to work as my movie surrogate tonight.


1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I was an absolute fan as teenager! It was never a hit in Belgium but my sister had seen it in Canada and had taped it one day. Thank you !!

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.

None

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Audrey Tatou, Anthony Hopkins, Julia Roberts, Helen Mirren, Brad Pitt, Jeroen Crabbé, Koen De Bouw (good Belgian actor), Jan Decleir (top Belgian actor, played already in multiple oscar nominated and oscar won movies), Antje De Boeck (top Belgian actor)

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.


Jim Carrey, Steve Martin, Eddy Murphy, Mariah Carey, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jean Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal....

5. Name a movie that CAN and DO quote from.

none

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.

none

7. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with.

pfff no idea. In a scene in "Il ladro di bambini" at the beach they play a cool Italian hit "Imasci". Then it's fun to sing along.

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.

Left Luggage
Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain


9. Name a movie that you own.

hmm fairly big pile of DVD's here, I am not going to list

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.

no idea

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

Twister and The Rock in Creston, BC!

12. Ever made out in a movie?

nope.

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to it.

Girl with the Pearl Earring
The Harry Potter movies
Swades and Sholay (2 good Bollywood movies, I hope)

14. Ever walked out of a movie?

Yes, during The Flinstones. Gosh that movie was boring and stupid. We had gone with a whole group of teenagers as a youth camp reunion. During the youth camp, we were woken every morning with the B52's song with a loud "Yabbedabedooooooooooooo". So the choice of the movie was quickly made, but in the end we were not so interested in the movie. Pictures were exchanged, there was a lot of talking and running back and forth until a hostess came to complain and to lecture us. As a group we all left in the middle of the movie then. I am sure the other viewers were glad at that point that we were gone.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

Probably multiple ones but can't think of any specific example. Maybe at Titanic? Probably Dances With Wolves and The last of the Mohicans? Oh and probably for Daens as well.

I remember seeing Kadosh: I didn't cry but the rest of the evening I was in a strange sad intense mood. I didn't want to read books anymore, I didn't feel like watching tv, ...it all had to sink in. Very good movie. Very sad but very serene.

At home I have cried loads for The Mission, Little Women, Face on the milk carton, ....

16. Popcorn?

no...I rarely eat during movies. If I do it'll be peanuts or chips.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?

As a teenager or student I used to go 3-4 times a year. Now I hardly go once a year anymore but we do regularly watch movies at home.

18. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?

I don't remember honestly. The Syrian bride must be one of the last ones?

19. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

Epic movies, drama, historic movies. I don't often enjoy comedies, ...Usually I find the humor too stupid.

20. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

Snowwhite. My mom took my as a kid while my dad and my sister went to see a more grown up movie at the same time.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

no idea

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

some Japanese movie about Hiroshima during a filmfestival

23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?

No idea...If I think it'll be a scary movie, I already chicken out before I start watching.

From the slightest suspense I already close my eyes. This way I missed a lot from Foul Play, The 6th Sense, Silence of the Lambs, ...

24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Foul play

Comments

Popular Posts