Filling bottles and building bridges in the woods

My little nephew is 2 days our house-guest. On a hot day as today I took him to the woods.

Not too far from us there's a known old water source in the forest, that much too my amazement sees a continuous line of people that come to fill boxes full of empty water containers. He found the idea of getting water from the woods quite amusing, so we were often in line to refill our bottles and take a drink.

(damn I read now that it is said if you drink from this water you are married within the year....maybe my nephew was a bit young to drink :p)





Where there's water....there's a little creek that needs a bridge so we started building to ensure the prince & the princess would be able to cross.






We ended up in the playground


Comments

zusjesenzo said…
Ik denk ineens nog aan iets: daar aan het zoetwater is er een manege waar je met een pony kan rijden (1 euro dacht ik, gewoon vragen in de cafetaria). En het kabouterbos (in het meerdaalbos denk ik) is ook heel plezant): een hele wandeling met op verschillende plaatsen leuke stops voor kinderen.
Brian Miller said…
now that looks like about a perfect day...we love to go walk in the woods...my boys have drank from the mountian streams and i still go tthem so you migh tbe in luck...smiles.
Ellen said…
Little boys are so much fun! I know mine could spend hours in the forest!!
Kat Mortensen said…
Interesting legend about drinking the water. Wish I'd known that when I was searching for a husband!

Kat

Popular Posts