Yes we both speak Dutch

"So is that the 'kleedje' your refered to this morning or is it something else?" , he asks while pointing to my cardigan "because I was confused, "kleedje" is what we put on the floor."

******
A few hours before we were complaining about the weather when I had exclaimed a bit desperately that I had put on a dress that day and now it was so cool and grey again.   Turns out he had heard me exclaiming that I was wearing a rug.  And I thought his smile was about the fact that I underdressed for the weather, but I had no idea I was overdressing :D

Comments

Korie said…
Let me guess, he was speaking "Dutch" dutch and you were speaking "Flemish" dutch?
Betsy said…
Ha ha ha! Yes! I've done that one the other way around before, mentioned a rug to a Vlaamse and she couldn't understand why I'd want to have a nice dress on the floor! :-D

I love these kinds of misunderstandings! (Especially when I'm not directly involved for once!) Have you got any more for us?
Brian Miller said…
smiles. putting on a rug eh? cute...

Popular Posts