A bit ill, more ill, quite miserable

Looking back at december, I have the feeling that always either Kabouter or me were ill.  We ended November with an ill little one...a pretty bad cold that we all took partly for most of December.

In Edinburgh we all took our turn with stomach issues .

In the 3rd week of December, Kabouter got an ear infection but fortunately that didn't bother him for long. By the end of the week I had a sinus cold breaking out to the fullest.    So the #duwmee walk was done with a lot of enthusiasm but with less physical energy than normal. And the cold came back with a vengeance the next day, keeping me in bed part of the day.

I sniffed myself through my last 2 working days of the year and then woke up on the 24th with a painful ear as if a big mass was pushing inside unable to find a way out.  So just before leaving for the Christmas Eve family dinner, I managed to consult a doctor to find out that I indeed had an ear infection.  It exploded in full force after the long traffic-jammed drive to the family , so rather than joining in socially I was forced to withdraw with tears in my eyes to bed for a few hours until the pain killers did their job.

Christmas was a lot better thanx to the medication and  Boxing day started off ok..until I was cold, and more cold and started shivering  without control  while we were on our way to the Ardennes where we had planned to stay a few days in the predicted snow and rest to recover completely.   39,5C already after some paracetamol...I was only able to crawl immediately in bed.    Flu as well...really? on top of that cold & ear infection? Despite my vaccination?
By the evening I was lucid enough again to realise my breast was very painful and an alarm light in my head went off:   a breast infection...that wasn't going to go away by camping in bed with paracetamol.  So just before the big snow dump arrived, I drove to the local medicine on weekend duty who confirmed and gave me the first doses of antibiotics to cover the night and the clearing of the roads the next morning until we could reach the local pharmacy.

And so I've spent last days trying to recover a sinus cold, an ear infection and an incredibly painful breast infection.  All have improved significantly now...but are still present and not fully conquered.  Bleh. Let's hope I'm back the old me by the new Year and let's hope I can still enjoy a bit of my days off .   Right now my vacation has only been sick leave.   Thank goodness Jan has been ok and at home to take care of Kabouter.



Comments

Popular Posts