Post Vacation blues

I often struggle with this, but now it came rather unexpected. Our little excursion to Zeeland wasn't a real 'vacation' to me. But it felt so rewarding , it felt as we've done so many different things and as if I've seen so many new landscapes etc.. and it sure felt longer than 2,5 days.

Anyway, coming home from a busy house with 4 adults and a noisy kid and seeing more friends, to an empty house was tough. I have another day off and this morning I really felt down. I missed the little guy and I catch myself to think in little phrases to myself :p. I had no-one to talk to and I didn't feel like doing anything. I felt lonely. I don't want to go back to work tomorrow where all problems are probably still piled up and where I have to finish off before I can go on my real vacation.
At home there's always chores waiting so i can never truly truly relax. Don't get me wrong, I spend plenty of time in the sofa with tv on and laptop nearby, not doing much really, but then there's always that guilt feeling "I shoud iron...gosh the is already a lot of dust on the floors, when will I clean the floors, etc...". I now realise that I was really stressed and really in need for a true vacation, rather than some day's off while staying at home as I had done the last months.

...one more week and we're off! And after typing all those posts and chatting with people , most of my blues is gone and I guess I might start mawning our tiny lawn.

Comments

Allie said…
Perhaps this post vacation blues means that you need to make me an honorary auntie .... :P
Jen said…
Repeat "it's just a week," "it's just a week" - and then you'll have a REAL break!
Anonymous said…
Maybe by the time the real vacation is over you will miss you home, your bed, your food, etc. We all need a good vacation every now and again.
Shelby said…
awww vacations...
Betsy said…
I SO know this feeling! Have been feeling like this all week and today is especially claustrophobic! :-O

Hope you're feeling better today and that your lawn looks nice!

Popular Posts