Oud-Heverlee-Leuven

For the first time in my life I went to see a soccer game. Some of Jan's friends are fans of the local soccer team OHL (currently first position in 2nd national league) and have been asking us for a long time to come along. So today...on this freeeeeezing day, we decided to go along.

My main impression afterwards is that it was very cold, despite the layers of warm clothing. I think everyone was relieved when it was over. The game was a bit slow in the beginning as if nobody deared to run on the frozen field. I don't blame them: within the first minute somebody fell and probably dislocated his shoulder. Ouch.

But we were in the middle of the die hard supporter groups who didn't stop one minute of chanting. Their songs were very "educating" :p.
And we won: woohooo 2-0. :). Too bad there is no replay in live games to really see the goals close-up. And that had to be celebrated with some beers and jenever.

Comments

anno said…
"Educational songs"? I think you might need to enlighten us...
Gudrun said…
Ik ben ooit eens meegeweest met Jeroen en zijn toenmalig lief, en nonkel Bart (Boghaert) naar Cercle, jaren geleden. Ongelofelijk goed gelachen, en inderdaad pokkekoud!
Hahaha, I used to play soccer in school...I was goalie. Congrats for winning and for making it 2-0 :D

Happy holidays to you...hope you're having a wonderful time!
Jen said…
I love jenever, and I agree with Anno about maybe the need for enlightenment on the "educational" songs. It sounds too cold for football!
Goofball said…
@anno and Jen: well, we were being ironic. The songs were rather insulting for the visiting team and there was a row of young kids in front of us, so we joked about how 'educational' a visit to the soccer game had to be for them.
Wholly Burble said…
I've never been to a live soccer game--only viewed on TV--I bet it was great fun.

Popular Posts