Tagged

Ellen tagged me the other day, and she's such a sweetheart so here's my version of this long taglist :)

Rule #1: the tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any question they dislike with a new question they formulated themselves.
Rule # 2: tag 4 people to do this quiz. The tag-ee must state who tagged them.

1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
hmmm tough one. I don't have pets at the moment but I'd imagine they would be very special ...yet can't ever be considered equal to a human part of the family. They would be a non-human part of the family? Let's compromise on that.

2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
I'd move Canada a lot closer to Europe so that making quick visits would be a lot cheaper and more feasible  to do over the weekend or so ;)

3. What would you do with a billion dollars?

Buy a nice cottage along Kootenay Lake (and buy flight tickets to our friends & family to come & visit us there),
Buy some property at the Maledives for diving,
Make an extensive world trip,
Rent some painters to get that hallway restored in our house,
Distribute a part to family,
Save the rest



4. What helps pull you out of a bad mood?
watching some good stand-up comedy, getting into a tickle fight with my husband, have a silly chat conversation with friends, do yoga, go running or swimming, ...

5. What is your bedtime routine?
Usually I watch tv with the laptop on my lap but when I feel I start getting tired later on the evening, I lay down in the sofa a bit and snooze there.  Then I walk up and sometimes I read briefly in bed but usually I'm already too tired to concentrate and I simply curl up and enjoy the warmth and comfort of my duvet.

If I make the mistake to keep very active until just before I go to bed (or if we went out somewhere) it is best to dedicate some wind-down time if not I'll have a rather sleepless night.

6. If you are currently in a relationship, where did you meet your significant other?
We both worked abroad 10 years in the same company in The Hague and we both took the same bus home were we lived each near the beach.  We hang out together all summer with a group of expats. There were 4 Belgians....2 couples are the result and all of us are currently living in the area of Leuven still being very good friends.

7. What kind of books do you read?
I love thrillers & detectives and historic novels.  I really do not like scifi or fantasy stuff. Somehow it always needs to be quite credible but with a storyline that moves forward and drags me along and characters I can relate to.

8. What is one luxury you allow yourself to indulge in without feeling guilty?
Going out for a nice dinner occasionally, travelling a few times a year

9. What's your fear?
Having to go to the bathroom urgently when there is none in the area

10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
not at all....maybe I should add to question 9 that seeing outer space would also scare the heck out of me. Fast food doesn't at all ;)

11. What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
Snooze, turn around, moan


12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be?
He'd drop less stuff on the table & chairs where it's left laying around for a long time but things would be cleaned up and put at their correct spot immediately.

13. If you could pick a new name for yourself what would it be?
I'd pick my own.  That's who I am.  Really, it would be so odd to be someone different. (remember also what I wrote about that here)

14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
Sun of course, this seems a very rhetoric question?

15. If you could eat only one thing for the next six months what would it be?
I'm pretty sure that anything would get boring and disgusting after 6 months.   Tortilla chips with a good dip would make a chance though.

16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
Getting comments (hint hint hint)
Sharing what is on my mind and going on in my life to friends
Getting to know some other bloggers and becoming connected to their lives in a virtual way.
Having a log of my life

17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
Definitely salty. I don't like sweets very much, I tend to skip desert constantly.  However appetizers, crackers, olives, chips, ... gosh I could live on that.

18. What items are in your purse right now?
Do you want a full list? Really?  Ok here's some incomplete list:  wallet, different little wallet for coints, phone, iPod, charging USB cables and headset for both, make-up, pens, paper, sanitary napkins and some toilet paper, tissues, chapstick, some forgotten shopping lists, paracetamol and some Immodium and Motilium,blister bandaid, a USB stick, ....

19. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains, where would you go?
Beach...more chance for diving ;).  But the most beautiful beaches have mountains nearby, I must say!

20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn't?
Pathetic soaps

Now I tag:
Betsy at Blog Ness Monster
Carol at Northwest Ladybug
Zusjesenzo (to get her blog moving again ;) )
Calliope at A Patchwork of Daydreams

Comments

zusjesenzo said…
lol... nummer 9 ;)!
Ellen said…
Thanks for playing along :) I enjoyed reading your comments!
Brian Miller said…
haha...going to the bathroom...like your dream and love hearing how people met...
Jenn said…
interesting.....

Popular Posts