To the countryside & nature parks

After a couple of must-visit cities in Quebec & Ontario I enjoyed getting off the highways and cruise through tiny towns on the countryside, sometimes no more than a few dozen houses along the road and go and explore Canada's nature. Right away I felt why I love this country so much: its vast space of untouched nature just within reach. Following impulsive signs leading to falls, lead us for example to a gorgeous little provincial park with impressive falls as a picnic spot. Ha , in Belgium you'd already have an amusement park with commercial dwarfs running around ;)




Creeks, lakes, woods, wetlands, wildlife, ....all was all over the place. Parks the size of a Belgian province where you hardly come across another soul when zigzagging over dirtroads... And yet almost everywhere there's well signed walking trails to explore. Did you know that Ontario has 250000 lakes? Oh how I'd love to own one of those shore cottages with a little boat :). Unfortunately the moose kept hiding from us although we travelled for 2 days through moose country full of marshlands & bushes. 




Comments

Korie said…
Nice shots. Canada is beautiful.
zusjesenzo said…
Zo schoon!
Shan said…
I've been a bit lax in my blog visiting. I didn't realize you were in Canada. I hope you're enjoying your visit!
Goofball said…
@Shan: thanks

Popular Posts