Count your blessings - February 2018


  1. One week of Jan not travelling anywhere for work
  2. A fox resting in an empty field with a foggy sun on his face
  3. Seat warming in my car when it's freezing outside
  4. A school full of excited dressed up children and teachers at carnaval
  5. Having a flu vaccination during a flu epidemic
  6. Catching up with several friends that I don't see often
  7. Friends that we see more often, staying over for dinner and overnight and the children that already respond very enthousiastic
  8. The fire burning in the fire place
  9. Walking the children to school/daycare in a freezing winter sun
  10. Feeling the energy and motivation to restart some DIY renovations in the attic and seeing the first change again even though still very small
  11. Multiple sunrises and sunsets with orange and pink clouds and the sun that showed itself frequently


It was easy this month to make this list as there were many fun and good things happening. Yet I believe I would be able to make as easily a struggle list as also a lot of bad news came by.  Several friends are seriously struggling in their relationship, 2 people passed away and a colleague got a bad diagnosis again.  I hope that series of bad news stops now.


This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Popular Posts