Sunshine blogger award



In the #40daysblogging a lot of people were passing the Sunshine Blogger Award to each other.  I've received it from Faniekencards  here who gave me the following questions. I was a bit surprised but honoured to notice that I blogger which I only just recently discovered had thought of me.


  1. What is the significance of creativity to you?
  2. What is your favourite hobby
  3. Modern art or classic art
  4. What did you want to be when you grew up
  5. Who do you look up to?
  6. What are you favourite subjects to write about?
  7. What is your favourite movie?
  8. A handmade gift or buying something quickly eg for a birthday
  9. What do your prefer receiving (handmade...)
  10. Favourite quote?
  11. Feel like exchanging something creative to each other?

1. What is the significance of creativity to you?

Creativity in question lists like this, in professional innovation workshops, in social media etc, seems like a must. Creativity is valued highly in our society and I can understand why. But I don't consider myself very creative.  I seem to be more pragmatic and very down to earth.
When my children ask me to help draw something, I feel very intimidated since my drawing skills are barely better than there's. When I sew on a button, I manage to do it askew  so let's not even consider that I'd created my own clothing. 

When I get new plants, I'm greatful if they survive for a couple of months.
I've only baked cookies with the children once, after I had observed Jan a few times and I was so relieved that they looked more or less edible.

So let's just say that all those Instagram and Pinterest worthy skills are lost on me. It probably looks pretty cool to be able to do all that stuff and I can totally understand why other's feel the satisfaction to have created something themselves.  But just starting such a project just stresses me. I don't have the confidence and I mostly don't feel the need.

I am proud though when I've made a good meal or when I've helped to renovate in our own house. There's probably not much creativity in it, but it shares the sense of accomplishment. 




  1. 2. What is your favourite hobby

It used to be scuba diving but since I got pregnant I've been on dry land.   Scuba Diving is absolutely forbidden when you are pregnant but there's discussion whether it's a good idea if you are breastfeeding.  My general practitioner is also a dive doctor and he pointed out some risks, so I decided to stop diving until I stop breastfeeding.  I can scuba dive the entire rest of my life but now my children have priority. I honestly never planned to breastfeed this long. 
But ...one of the next summers I'll go and visit my fish friends for sure. Only now I need to find a babysit.

So I guess currently my favourite hobbies are traveling, my blog, watching tv series and going out for walks in nature.

3. Modern art or classic art

Tough question.  It reminds me of a high school trip to Paris. In the afternoon, we went to the Louvre. I loved a few paintings.   Afterwards we went to see Musée d'Orsay and that was way better. I loved the impressionists and the art at the turn of the 20th century. The colors, the themes, the light, ... It was beautiful.
Late in the evening after a busy day, when we were already drop dead tired, we were still in Centre Pompidou when it was already bedtime.  The art was so weird, it didn't look like anything, it didn't make any sense anymore....and we cracked up in laughter and we were laughing with our teachers with tears rolling over our cheeks. It was hilarious and awesome.  That weird nonsense art was awesome and intriguing and mysterious.

4. What did you want to be when you grew up


My aunt had a restaurant and when I was really small, I used to run into the kitchen when there were family parties there.  I wanted to become a waiter because I had the illusion that you could taste from all the plates before delivering them to the customers. Once I realised that that wouldn't be appreciated, the job of waitressing lost its appeal.

5. Who do you look up to?

I'm rather down to earth to truly look up and idolize anyone. Seriously I can't pick one name right now just like that.  There's manager's that I've worked with and that I'd love as a mentor because I admire their attention to people, their ability to take decisions, their calmness.  But I've seen them in doubt as well and in stress, ...they all have their human traits :)

I look up to some people that always seem to be cheerful and I love to hang around with them.

6. What are your favourite subjects to write about?

Right now that are my children

7. What is your favourite movie?

Gosh, I'm rarely watching movies anymore. I can't seem to have the patience for that anymore. When I was younger I loved the big drama's like Dances with Wolves, Witness, Rainman, Philadelphia, The Fugitive, ...


In the last decade I seem to have switched to series more and I haven't been to the movie theatre in a decade with the exception of Cars 3 with Kabouter last summer.
On tv I've recently watched The Time Traveller's wife    which was one of the books I really loved as well.

8. A handmade gift or buying something quickly

Well provided I'd think of a gift on time and not last minute, I'd not want to punish anyone with a handmade gift.  And my inspiration to make something myself is even less than buying something.
No seriously...nothing wrong with giving money in an envelop, no?

9. What do you prefer receiving (handmade ...)

I honestly don't care that much what type of present I receive. That probably sounds like the statement you should make, but it's the truth.  It's fun when you receive something that shows that people have been thinking of you an relate something to you because they know you, your house, your activities, something you wrote online...It's flattering if people have passed time to make something for you personally (eg I received several personalised clothes for the children as a gift that were truly awesome). But a bottle of drinks that we open up together are at lot of fun too.  So I don't think I value handmade above bought just because of that characteristic on its own.

10. Favourite quote


Attitude is everything

(or good or bad events happen to all of us...it's how we respond to them that makes the difference)


11. Feel like exchanging something creative

Well after what I wrote above, I don't think I have to offer much creative to exchange.  Hmm maybe my words.....

a haiku as response to the image of something crafted or so?? 





So according to the rules I need to make up 11 new questions and assign them to other bloggers. Since I've now answered these questions, I''m actually rather curious how other people would respond to these. So I'll simply keep the questions.

So maybe Yab, Sofinesse, Mademoiselle Fresita and Mamamayapost, and any other reader that is interested. I somehow have the feeling most bloggers have already taken this award in the last month so not sure who still wants it another time.


Comments

Fanieken said…
Thank you for answer the questions.
Xxx

Popular Posts